Recipe by bluemoon downunder
A simple and really quick recipe for asparagus sauce that can be made when you have asparagus or asparagus tips left over from another dish you are cooking. This sauce is great hot or cold and can be easily frozen. I found it on the English website on which I found my Asparagus and Almond soup recipe, with that recipe. ALL the quantities listed in the ingredients are approximations: it all depends on how much asparagus you are dealing with. So there is one absolutely unlisted ingredient: your culinary discretion! I've added the garlic, but this could easily be omitted. I've posted this for the 2005 Zaar World Tour.
Top Review by Deantini
This is a great way to use those left over asparagus that are otherwise boring next day. I added extra garlic and parsley. Served it with chicken and couscous. Made for 123 Tag.
- 1 cup asparagus, leftover
- 1⁄2 onions, finely chopped or 1 onion, finely chopped, depending on how much asparagus you have
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch mace
- 1 cup single cream (or more) or 1 cup double cream (or more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften the onion and garlic, and blend it with the cooked asparagus, salt and pepper and a little mace, then gradually stir in enough single or double cream until the mixture has a sauce like consistency.
- This sauce can then be heated and served with pasta, salmon, or chicken.