Recipe by jeep chick
This recipe came from a member of my fitness club
Top Review by whtbxrmom
I made this for dinner tonight using egg substitute. The box said 1/4 cup = 1 egg. However I couldn't fit all of the egg, milk mixture into my 10" pie crust. When I checked the quiche the knife came out clean and it was nicely browned, but it wasn't set as much as I'd like once I cut into it. The flavor was excellent. I used some fresh steamed asparagus that was cooked perfectly in the quiche. I was tempted to add salt and pepper to the egg mixture because the ingredients were so simple, but I am glad I didn't. I think next time I make this I will use real eggs and will update my review as needed. Thanks for a nice spring time meal.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 5 eggs (or egg substitute)
- 1 1⁄4 cups low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups low-fat cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rinse asparagus and trim bottoms. Cut stalks into 1"- 1 1/2" pieces. Steam until stender, about 4-6 minutes. Drain well. Place drained asparagus on bottom of pie crust.
- Beat eggs and milk together. Stir in shredded cheese. Pour into crust on top of asparagus.
- Stir gently with tip of spoon to distribute asparagus & cheese.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until knife inserted off-center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Cut into 6 slices and enjoy.