Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a wonderful recipe for asparagus, you can cook the asparagus hours or even a day in advance and refrigerate, just warm the spears slightly in the microwave before placing them in the baking dish and broiling them. Adjust the amount of garlic to taste.
Top Review by Elmotoo
I had really, really THIN asparagus, so I skipped the blanching part (we like crisp veggies anyway). It came out perfectly. Even THE PICKY ONE had 2nds! I do recommend having the butter at room temp for easier blending. ;) Thanks, KITZ!!
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or use 1 tablespoon fresh basil)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a shallow broiler-proof casserole dish.
- Cook the fresh asparagus in boiling lightly salted water until crisp-tender (about 3-4 minutes) drain and plunge into cool water, drain again and pat dry well with paper towels.
- Arrange the asparagus spears in a buttered baking dish.
- Set oven to broil heat.
- In a bowl beat butter with Parmesan cheese, basil, garlic, lemon juice and black pepper until well combined, then season with salt.
- Dollup/drop the butter mixture over the asparagus in the baking dish by heaping teaspoonfuls.
- Broil until topping browns (watch closely to avoid burning!) about 2-3 minutes.
- Best served hot.