Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy one dish meal.
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 24 stalks fresh asparagus or 24 stalks frozen asparagus
- 1⁄2 lb fully cooked ham, cut in 8 thin slices
- 1⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- In a saucepan, melt margarine; stir in flour and cook until thick.
- Gradually stir in milk and cook until bubbly and thickened.
- Stir in cheese and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Place three asparagus stalks on each ham slice.
- Roll up; secure with toothpick if necessary.
- Place in an ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan, cover with cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle with crumbs.
- Bake, uncovered at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
Oh my this is delicious!! My DH loved it also, which is very suprising!! He is a very picky eater! I would not change anything on this recipe. I followed everything as written. Very easy to make also. I will be making this again and again. Thank you Charlotte J we now have a new favorite in our household!!
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe other then I used deli sliced ham. We liked it except next time I would not add the breadcrumbs.
fabo with a side of egg noodles !