A nice light spring salad when asparagus is fresh!
Make and share this Asparagus Chickpea Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 bunch asparagus, lightly cooked
- 1 corn on the cob or 3⁄4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (540 ml) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 orange bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, soy sauce, mustard powder, garlic powder, black pepper and thyme.
- Chop the asparagus diagonally into 2-3 cm pieces and add to bowl.
- Slice the corn from the cob and place into the bowl (can be fresh or cooked, or substitute thawed frozen corn if you can't get it on the cob).
- Dice the bell peppers and add to bowl.
- Ensure the chickpeas are well drained then add to the bowl.
- Gently combine all ingredients and serve.