1/1 Photo of Asparagus Chickpea Salad
A nice light spring salad when asparagus is fresh!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 bunch asparagus, lightly cooked
- 1 corn on the cob or 3/4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (540 ml) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1In a large bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, soy sauce, mustard powder, garlic powder, black pepper and thyme.
- 2Chop the asparagus diagonally into 2-3 cm pieces and add to bowl.
- 3Slice the corn from the cob and place into the bowl (can be fresh or cooked, or substitute thawed frozen corn if you can't get it on the cob).
- 4Dice the bell peppers and add to bowl.
- 5Ensure the chickpeas are well drained then add to the bowl.
- 6Gently combine all ingredients and serve.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Chickpea Salad
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.6
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 535.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar