Recipe by Lvs2Cook
A wonderful recipe for asparagus season! Don't let the long list of ingredients stop you from trying this recipe -- it goes together easily.
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced thin
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice chicken in thin strips. Heat 4 tbsp of oil in large pan. Stir in chicken and saute until chicken is thoroughly cooked and no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Split asparagus lengthwise, then cut into 1 1/2 inch lengths.
- Heat remaining 2 tbsp vegetable oil in same pan. Stir in asparagus and onions. Saute 2 minutes. Stir in chicken, mushrooms & liquid, chicken broth, ginger, salt, sugar, and garlic powder, cover. Simmer 3 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch, sherry and soy sauce until smooth in cup, stir into mixture in pan. Cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils 3 minutes. Serve over rice.