- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 4 -6 ounces fresh asparagus spears
- 2 large eggs, plus
- 2 large egg yolks
- 4 ounces pancetta, cubed
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons double cream (heavy)
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Snap off the tough woody ends of the Asparagus and discard. Chop the Asparagus into 1 - 1 1/2 inch lengths, cutting it at an angle.
- Boil the Penne for approximately 10 minutes, or according to pack instructions until al dente.
- Meanwhile, boil the Asparagus for 4-5 minutes, until just tender. Drain.
- Melt the butter over a low heat, and cook the Pancetta pieces for approx 3-4 minutes. Add the drained asparagus to the pan for a further 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile beat the eggs, egg yolks, black pepper, cream and parmesan together.
- As soon as the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the pan with the butter, pancetta and asparagus, stirring to coat in all the butteryness. Remove from heat and stir in the egg and cream mixture.
- Serve with extra parmesan and a big glass of wine -- .