Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
What could be better in the spring than asparagus with pasta. The recipe is a winner in the fresh grocer awards contest.
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spear, trimed and chopped
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled,pitted,and mashed
- 1⁄2 limes or 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add angle hair pasta, cook for 5- 6 minutes until al dente;drain and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil to prevent stickiness.
- Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- Add asparagus and tomatoes, stirring to coat.
- Pour in broth and continue cooking uncovered 10 minutes or until the asparagus is tender but still bright green.
- Place the pasta in a large bowl, and toss with the asparagus and tomato mixture, Season with dill and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, mix the avocados, lime/lemon juice, and garlic powder together until blended Serve pasta with a dollop of the avocado mixture and top with shredded cheese.
Loved this and so did the entire family - DH, who will eat ANYTHING and DS, who eats next to NOTHING! Thanks, Barb.
This turned out better than I imagined! I didn't have cherry tomatoes on hand, so I used diced regular tomatoes instead. I love basil so I added a few leaves of fresh basil to the saucepan a few minutes before turning it off. Will definately make over and over!
Oh my, asparagus AND avocado AND dill! I'm not usually a fan of angel hair pasta, but this sauce made it heaven on earth! I even used the 2% cheddar to try to be a little good and it still was incredible. Next time I'll try it with my favorite--fettucini, but it could scarcely be better.