Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Don't be afraid of the fancy-schmancy name--this recipe is super-easy to make! While a bottle of truffle oil is a bit of an investment (I've seen a 3-4oz. bottle sell for $12-20 easy!), a little goes a long way, and you won't be disappointed with the results!
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf French bread, about 1 lb., torn into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 1⁄2 ounces prosciutto, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white truffle oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease a 13"x9" baking pan.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- In a large bowl, stir together egg mixture with bread, asparagus, prosciutto, and cheese until mixed well; then pour mixture into greased baking dish.
- Bake at 375F for 40-45 minutes, until golden brown and firm.
- While the bread pudding is baking, combine whipping cream, truffle oil, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer on high until stiff peaks form.
- Refrigerate whipped cream until bread pudding is done.
- After taking pudding out of the oven, let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut into 6 servings and top each with whipped cream.
- Enjoy! :).