Don't be afraid of the fancy-schmancy name--this recipe is super-easy to make! While a bottle of truffle oil is a bit of an investment (I've seen a 3-4oz. bottle sell for $12-20 easy!), a little goes a long way, and you won't be disappointed with the results!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1/3 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf French bread, about 1 lb., torn into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 1/2 ounces prosciutto, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white truffle oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 375F and grease a 13"x9" baking pan.
- 2Whisk together eggs, milk, parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 3In a large bowl, stir together egg mixture with bread, asparagus, prosciutto, and cheese until mixed well; then pour mixture into greased baking dish.
- 4Bake at 375F for 40-45 minutes, until golden brown and firm.
- 5While the bread pudding is baking, combine whipping cream, truffle oil, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
- 6Beat with an electric mixer on high until stiff peaks form.
- 7Refrigerate whipped cream until bread pudding is done.
- 8After taking pudding out of the oven, let stand for 5 minutes.
- 9Cut into 6 servings and top each with whipped cream.
- 10Enjoy! :).
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus and Prosciutto Bread Pudding W/ Truffle Whipped Cream
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.9
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 210.4 mg
- Sodium 852.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 20.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white truffle oil