After Jamie Oliver. If you can't find Lancashire cheese, just use double the amount of Cheddar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 (12 ounce) package phyllo pastry sheets, defrosted
- 1/4 lb butter, melted
- 1 lb potato
- 1/4 lb white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 lb lancashire cheese, grated
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg (a little less than 1/8 tsp)
- 1/2 pint heavy cream or 1/2 pint double cream
- 3 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Also, set a large pot of salted water to boil.
- 2Trim asparagus spears to fit into a rectangular tart pan (with removable bottom). Toss trimmed asparagus into boiling salted water for about 2 minutes to blanch.
- 3Boil potatoes for 12 minutes in salted water. Drain.
- 4While potatoes are boiling, layer phyllo into tart pan, leaving about 1" of dough overhanging the edge of the pan. Butter each sheet as it goes into the pan.
- 5Mash potatoes with Cheddar and Lancashire cheeses. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add nutmeg and cream. Add eggs and mix well. Pour into tart pan. Lay asparagus spears on top, alternating directions of tips. Brush top lightly with any remaining melted butter. Crimp overhanging phyllo up along edge of tart pan. Put pan on the lowest shelf of the oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove pan from oven and allow it to set for at least 15 minutes.
- 6Serve with a light salad of fresh spring greens.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus and Potato Tart - Jamie Oliver
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.3
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 165.4 mg
- Sodium 417.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 12.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: