Recipe by Mrs Goodall
Not tried yet
Top Review by PanNan
I loved this salad! I was out of red bell pepper, so to keep some color in the dish, I substituted carrots. The sauteed vegetables carmelized just slightly to give them a sweet taste, but still crunchy. The sauteed veggies were still warm when added to the spinach, which caused it to wilt slightly, and soften the goat cheese. You could taste all of that wonderful goodness in each bite. I will definitely make this one again.
- 6 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch by 1/4-inch strips
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed of ends and bias cut
- black pepper, ground
- 1 shallot, sliced thin about 1/4 cup
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, pressed through garlic press
- 6 ounces Baby Spinach, 1 bag
- 4 ounces goat cheese, cut into small chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat until beginning to smoke; add red pepper and cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes, stirring only once after 1 minute. Add asparagus, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; cook until asparagus is browned and almost tender, about 2 minutes, stirring only once after 1 minute. Stir in shallot and cook until softened and asparagus is tender-crisp, about 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Transfer to large plate and cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk remaining 4 tablespoons oil, vinegar, garlic, 1/4-teaspoon salt, and 1/8-teaspoon pepper in medium bowl until combined. In large bowl, toss spinach with 2 tablespoons dressing and divide among salad plates. Toss asparagus mixture with remaining dressing and place a portion over spinach; divide goat cheese among salads and serve.