Recipe by MissTiff16
Grilled Asparagus with Prosciutto and Gorgonzola. From Cafe Lucci :O) I will put in an estimate for the time.
- 12 asparagus, blanched
- 3 slices prosciutto, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 small shallot, minced
- 4 ounces balsamic vinegar
- 2 ounces chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill. Wrap two pieces of asparagus with a half slice of prosciutto. Grill lightly on both sides. Set aside. Preheat sauté pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and shallots. Cook until shallots are translucent and add grilled asparagus. Deglaze pan with balsamic vinegar and reduce by half. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Plate asparagus.
- Add butter to sauce and whisk until fully incorporated. Remove sauce from heat. Mix in blue cheese and pepper to taste. Spoon sauce over asparagus and serve hot.
- Suggested wine - 2000 Franco Fiorina Barbaresco.