1/2 Photos of Asian Style Corn Cakes
My son brought me some beautiful corn from hi garden, so we came up with these last night. You could use canned or frozen corn-I'm guessing about a 440g (16 ounce) can. This was quite a thin batter, but cooked up really nicely.
My Private Note
corn ca ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 corn on the cob
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 green chili pepper, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1Bring a saucepan of water to the boil.
- 2Remove kernels from corn cobs.
- 3Place in the boiling water, return to the boil, then allow to boil for about 2 minutes.
- 4Drain remove to a mixing bowl and allow to cool a little.
- 5Add all remaining ingredients (except oil) and mix well.
- 6Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat; place heaped tablespoons of mixture in the oil, flattening each cake a little.
- 7Cook about 5 minutes on one side (until set and golden), turn and cook a further 2 minutes on other, or until cooked through and golden on that side.
- 8Repeat with remaining mixture.
- 9Serve with lime wedges, or an Asian style dipping sauce of your choice.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Style Corn Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (710 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.9
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 63.4 mg
- Sodium 173.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
limes, zest of