My son brought me some beautiful corn from hi garden, so we came up with these last night. You could use canned or frozen corn-I'm guessing about a 440g (16 ounce) can. This was quite a thin batter, but cooked up really nicely.
- 3 corn on the cob
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 green chili pepper, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil.
- Remove kernels from corn cobs.
- Place in the boiling water, return to the boil, then allow to boil for about 2 minutes.
- Drain remove to a mixing bowl and allow to cool a little.
- Add all remaining ingredients (except oil) and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat; place heaped tablespoons of mixture in the oil, flattening each cake a little.
- Cook about 5 minutes on one side (until set and golden), turn and cook a further 2 minutes on other, or until cooked through and golden on that side.
- Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Serve with lime wedges, or an Asian style dipping sauce of your choice.