Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is a dinner in a packet, very easy to make and no clean up. SBD Phase 2.
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry or 1⁄3 cup vermouth
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package snow peas
- 1 (10 ounce) package broccoli florets
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts
- aluminum foil, for packets
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees or the grill to medium-high.
- Mix the sherry or vermouth, soy sauce, oil, onions, ginger, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Add the chicken, pepper, peas, broccoli and water chestnuts to the mixture and toss until evenly coated.
- Center 1/4 of the chicken mixture on each of four 12 inch X 18 inch sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Bring up sides of foil; double fold the top and ends to seal packets.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes on a baking sheet in the oven or grill for 12-14 minutes in a covered grill.
This is one of my favorites. Sooooo easy to make, and delicious. I suggest using toasted sesame oil instead of regular, and when you cook these, yes, fold up the sides and corners, but *do not enclose* the chicken/veggies in the foil. Leave the top open, otherwise, cooking time is *much* longer than 18 mins.
This is a South Beach Diet recipe, so the suggested meal for this has an accompanying salad.
This is a 4 star from me, but 3 star from my bf. I halved it, and added mushrooms. They did not work well, don't do this unless you used tinned ones or very thinly sliced ones. I loved the capscicum (pepper) and the crunch of the water chestnuts.. I found the portions too big, personally. I'm glad I didn't have rice as well, next time I will halve the chicken. But overall, I liked the idea, I might play with it a bit next time. I think some chilli or garlic would be good.