Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a savory slaw I got from Woman's Day.
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno peppers (2 t) or 1 serrano pepper, seeded and minced (2 t)
- 1 gala apples, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 golden delicious apple, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 granny smith apple, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 8 cups napa cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 seedless cucumber, cut in thin strips
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup cilantro
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 (3 ounce) container radish sprouts
- In large bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, honey, salt and chile pepper until blended.
- Add apple slices and toss to coat.
- Add remaining ingredients, except radish sprouts, and toss to coat (slaw can be made up to 4 hours ahead and refrigerated).
- Just before serving, scatter radish sprouts over the slaw.
- Gently toss.
In all fairness, I excluded some of the ingredients and this may have affected the taste. I did not include the jalapeno pepper, radish sprouts, and scallions. The resulting salad was very bland. Won't make again.