Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Vague title i know but the creative juices for a good recipe name aren't coming so i'll settle with Asian salad! Really quick and easy to prepare, low cal and full of flavour. The recipe was originally in one of the "Too Good To Be True" cookbooks...but then i kind of adjusted it! I do stress that you add the fried noodles right before serving as they will go soggy and you loose the crunchy texture. I also find that adding the sesame oil adds a bit more depth to the flavour but can easily be omitted.
- 1⁄2 medium-large Chinese cabbage, shredded (wombok)
- 1⁄2 cup spring onion, chopped
- 1 cup fried egg noodles (I use Chang's)
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery (about 2-3 stalks)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free French dressing
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- In a small jar combine the French dressing, soy sauce, brown sugar and sesame oil (if using). Shake to combine.
- In a large bowl combine the shredded chinese cabbage, spring onions, almonds, celery and sesame seeds. Toss to combine.
- Just before serving add the fried noodles and the dressing. Toss to combine. Serve quite soon after adding the noodles otherwise they go quite soggy. Alternatively serve the salad without the noodles and sprinkle them on top when on plates.