Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A flavorful Asian-inspired soup with antioxidant-rich veggies. Easy to make and great for freezing. I got the recipe from my local supermarket.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 quart chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 inches piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- 12 ounces pork tenderloin
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and sliced diagonally
- 1 cup bok choy, green only, cut crosswise into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 3 1⁄2 ounces stir fry noodles
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce (to taste)
- salt and pepper
- Combine broth, garlic clove, ginger, and soy sauce in a large stockpot; bring to a simmer.
- Add pork, cover and simmer about 15-20 minutes. Internal temperature of pork: 155°F.
- Remove pork; keep warm. Add carrots and cover, venting slightly; simmer 10 minutes.
- Add bok choy, mushrooms, corn, scallions and cilantro; simmer about 5 minutes until veggies are tender.
- Cook the noodles according to package directions and drain.
- Add chili garlic sauce to soup and season with salt and pepper.
- Discard garlic clove and ginger.
- Thinly slice pork and add on top soup/ noodles in bowl.
delicious. we used the chicken broth and added a couple of cubes of chicken bouillon and more water for extra broth. also used closer to 2 T of chili garlic sauce to spice it up.
this soup was great! Followed the recipe exactly. It was my first Asian noodle soup cooked at home. Go me!!:)
This is an easy and delicious soup! I made it on the spur of the moment, so had to make a couple of adjustments...I had to omit the cilantro and subbed spinach for bok choy. And I didn't read closely enough, so actually chopped and added 1 clove of garlic and about 3/4" of ginger. I used leftover pork chops, so I just sliced and added them at step 4. I offered the chili-garlic sauce on the side. It was very tasty & I loved how healthy it was! Great flavors and DH was impressed! Thank you!!