Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
The perfect side dish for oriental themed meals. The flavors would also compliment grilled shellfish, fish or chicken. Posted by request from Bon Appetit July 2002.
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage (about 1/2 of a large head)
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- Stir sesame seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat until light golden, about 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine cabbage and green onions, add remaining ingredients and toss to blend.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
This was really tasty! I subbed 1 tbs peanut butter and 1 tbs canola oil for the peanut oil and 1/2 tsp ground ginger for the fresh, and it was great! I will make this again.
Made this with sweet and sour chicken kebobs the other night and we just loved it. I love the ginger in the slaw and the slaw has a great taste without being overpowering. Would also taste great with grilled chicken on top for a chinese chicken salad. Thanks for the great recipe.
Oh yeah!! This was just the salad I was looking for. It was great! I had all of the ingredients on hand, except the cabbage, but I bought that easy enough. The flavors are all there, and they blend with each other so well. Thanks for another great recipe!! Definately goes in the T&T book!