Hey Jude's Note:
I made this tasty appetizer on Thanksgiving and it was a hit. This is adapted from a Pillsbury recipe. Use any pie crust you like for a 2-crust pie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts or 1 (15 ounce) package your own double crust pie crusts
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 red jalapeno chiles, seeded and minced or 1/2 tablespoon Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces crabmeat, canned,fresh or the hermetically sealed packages
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- 1Heat oven to 375°; unroll pie crusts (or roll out your own) and cut out circles with a 2 1/2-inch round cutter; press each circle into ungreased miniature muffin cup- you should have 24.
- 2Beat eggs in a medium bowl; add half-and-half, green onions, chile, lime peel, ginger and salt; whisk to blend well and stir in crabmeat and cheese; spoon about 1 tablespoon into each crust-lined cup, making sure you don't fill too full or filling may spill out while baking, making quiches difficult to remove from pans.
- 3Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until filling is set and crust is golden brown around edges.
- 4Serve warm or cool; store leftovers in fridge.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Crab Mini Quiches
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.6
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 23.3 mg
- Sodium 246.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: