From Canada's "Cook Like a Chef"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oil to 350°F.
- 2Cut the egg roll wrappers, crosswise, cutting each wrapper into 4 triangular pieces.
- 3Fry in the vegetable oil until bubbled and golden.
- 4Remove them from the fat with a slotted spoon and lay them on paper towels to absorb any fat.
- 5Season with salt and pepper while still hot and keep them warm.
- 6Heat the red wine vinegar with the brown sugar, the five-spice powder (equal parts cinnamon, pepper, cloves, fennel seeds, star anise) and the red onion in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- 7Peel, de-seed and dice the tomatoes.
- 8Add them to the red wine vinegar mixture and bring the mixture to the boil.
- 9Once the mixture has come to the boil, remove the pan from the heat and cool. Season to taste.
- 10Serve with grated fresh tofu on top of the salsa and chopped scallions and cilantro on the chips.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Chips and Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.2
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.1 mg
- Sodium 331.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: