Make and share this Ashton's Energy Bars recipe from Food.com.
- heat oven to 350 degrees.
- spray a 11x17 baking pan with cooking spray.
- mix brown sugar, oil, and eggs.
- stir in other ingredients.
- spread in prepared pan.
- bake at 350 for about 16-25 minutes until center is set.
- remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes before cutting into squares.
- these freeze well.
- My grandson got this recipe from one of his reading books at school. We left out the nuts and coconut because he doesn't like them but he really liked this snack. I cut back on the sugar to 3/4 cup and next time I will add 1 teaspoon vanilla because I like vanilla. We made it a week ago and he's already asking for it again. I guessed on the amount it made and the time to make as I didn't keep track of that.
These were delicious and really easy to make. They are versatile and I left out the coconut, reduced the sugar and added more nuts. They are a healthy-ish and were devoured with gusto !!