Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Instead of relying on fat for flavor, this fresh salad uses varied tastes and textures to impress guests: crisp, peppery arugula; tart, crunchy pomegranate seeds; and rich, slightly sweet pecans. From epicurious.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bunches arugula, rinsed well and thick stems removed
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate seeds, from 1 medium pomegranate
- In medium nonreactive bowl, whisk together vinegars, salt, and pepper. Gradually drizzle in olive oil, whisking until emulsified. Toss arugula with just enough vinaigrette to coat. Sprinkle with pecans and pomegranate seeds and serve.
Just made this and loved it! Thank you for a fast and delicious recipe for a weeknight dinner!
Delicious and healthy and simple to prepare. No fresh pomegranate seeds are available this time of year and I substituted dried pomegranate seeds. Interesting combination of flavors. Thank you for sharing your recipe. Reviewed for TOTM.