Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
Autumn salad topped with a nutty walnut sauce.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 nashi pear, cored, quartered and finely sliced
- 1⁄2 cup arugula (rocket)
- extra virgin olive oil
- cracked pepper
- 50 -75 g blue cheese, crumbled (such as Castello)
- In a pan over medium heat, melt the butter and sugar. Once the sugar has dissolved, add the walnuts and cook for 5 minutes or until they have caramelised. Add the sherry vinegar and remove from the heat. Pour onto a tray lined with baking paper and let the walnut sauce cool down.
- Place the pears in a bowl with the rocket and a good amount of olive oil to coat the leaves and pears. Add cracked pepper and mix thoroughly with your hands to combine.
- Onto a serving plate, pile the rocket & pears, top with the crumbled blue cheese. Add the walnuts and drizzle the salad with the sherry syrup. Serve immediately.
- Geoff Jansz.