Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 large artichokes
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 large tomatoes
- 6 scallions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons herbes de provence
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 bunch fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- For the Tuiles: In a 6-inch round, non-stick frying pan, add 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese.
- Spread cheese out to the full circle of the pan.
- Over medium-high heat, melt the cheese until it starts to turn brown around the edges.
- Take a knife and gently loosen around the edges.
- Lift out the cheese and immediately place on an inverted glass or small bowl and let form a basket.
- Repeat until all 4 are made; set aside.
- For the Ragout:Trim artichokes of all leaves and the choke.
- Cut into fourths.
- Place clean artichoke hearts and the lemon juice in a bowl of cold water.
- In a heavy sauté pan, heat the olive oil.
- Remove artichoke pieces from the water and pat dry.
- Sauté the artichokes until they start to turn slightly brown.
- Add 1/2 cup of the chicken broth, cover and simmer until the artichokes are firm-tender.
- Meanwhile, peel, seed and chop the tomatoes.
- Cut the scallions into 1-inch pieces; chop the garlic.
- Uncover the artichokes and reduce the liquid until gone.
- Add half of the butter, garlic, scallions, tomatoes, and spices.
- Sauté for about 5 minutes over high heat.
- Add the wine and the rest of the chicken broth and simmer until the liquid has reduced to about half.
- Stir in remaining butter and half the chopped parsley.
- Serve the Artichoke Ragout in the Parmesan Tuiles.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the parsley.