Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Something different, but easy and delicious. Madrilène is a Spanish consommé flavored with tomato, often served jellied and chilled.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 (13 ounce) can madrilene, a tomato-based consomme (or 8 oz tomato juice plus 5 oz beef broth)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (fresh)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 (6 ounce) jars artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- In a bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let soak for 3 minutes to soften gelatin.
- In a saucepan, bring Madrilene to a boil, then add gelatin and stir until gelatin dissolves.
- Add lemon juice and seasonings.
- Arrange vegetables in lightly oiled ring mold.
- Pour gelatin mixture over vegetables and refrigerate until firm (about 5 hours).