Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A good one from the Vegetarian Times.
- 396.89 g can artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 236.59 ml canned chick-peas, drained and rinsed
- 78.07 ml tahini
- 78.07 ml fresh parsley
- 1 medium garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 22.18-29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 295.73 ml thinly sliced green cabbage
- 2 medium carrots, shredded (3/4 cup)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 44.37 ml plain yogurt
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 14.79 ml finely chopped red onion
- 9.85 ml fresh lemon juice
- 6 (60 inch) flour tortillas
- To make artichoke spread, in food processor or blender combine all artichoke spread ingredients and 2 tablespoons water. Process until mixture is almost smooth but retains some texture and is slightly thicker than hummus. If necessary, add water by the teaspoonful to thin. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate if not using immediately.
- In medium bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, pepper, yogurt, parsley, onion and 2 teaspoons lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and mix well.
- In large skillet, warm each tortilla over medium heat just until soft and flexible, about 1 minute per side. Spread some artichoke mixture over each tortilla, leaving 1/2-inch border. Top with cabbage mixture, dividing equally. Fold up one or both ends of tortilla over filling, then roll each sandwich into bundle. Serve immediately.