Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I recently came across these appetizers and thought these sounded delicious for an appetizer or to serve with a spicy meal! Recipe source: Bon Appetit (December 1986)
- 1 (14 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (not marinated)
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup green chili, drained and chopped (about 2 4-ounce cans)
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- sliced baguette
- garlic butter
- chili powder
- quartered artichoke heart
- red bell pepper, cut into julienne slices
- chives, snipped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together first seven ingredients (artichoke hearts- red pepper flakes) and then divide mixture among four ramekins.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Preheat broiler.
- Spread baguette slices with garlic butter and arrange on broiler pan and broil until golden brown.
- Remove and sprinkle with chili powder.
- Garnish ramekins with artichoke hearts, red bell pepper julienne and chives.
- Serve immediately with the toasted baguette slices.
I thought this was absolutely wonderful, but DH didn't care for it. It took me longer than the 10 minute prep time stated. I made as directed, except did not add the quartered artichoke hearts on top. I was a little concerned about the amount of garlic, I used about 6 or 7 cloves, to make the 2 tbls called for. But, to me, it may have been a little much. I used my recipe for Best Garlic Butter and used regular french bread, didn't have any baguette at the store. I did not sprinkle the bread with chili powder because my butter is okay as is. I will be making this again as an appetizer not as a side, its too rich for a side I think. Putting this in my 2005 Zaar Cookbook for sure. Thanks