Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
I am asked to bring this spread to gatherings all the time. It has become my signature dish! I do not even like articokes but this one I will eat. It is just SOOOO GOOD! I always bring a copy or two of the recipe because someone always asks for it.
- 8 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans artichoke hearts (rinsed, drained & quartered)
- Blend first four ingredients.
- Fold in artichoke hearts.
- Pour into a glass pie plate.
- Bake at 325 for 35-45 minutes till hot& bubbly.
- Serve with crackers.
- I like to serve with club crackers.
- I also like to sprinkle with a LITTLE extra garlic powder right before I put it into the oven just because we LOVE garlic.
this is a good recipe.
My measurements were 8 oz of mozzarella and 5 oz. of parmesan.
Be careful not to overcook it or it will look like a quiche.
I spread this on a thin pizza crust and baked using the crust package directions instead of baking and dipping, trying to duplicate Copeland's of New Orleans crawfish bread (which is awesome - prayers to all of those good people down there). This came pretty close. I made it without the crawfish because I live on the prairies, and added extra garlic (we love it, too!). Very rich and decadent, but that is what made it special. Thanks for posting this, KariAnn.