Recipe by gwynn
I love the different cheeses in this loaf and also the taste of the sourdough bread.
- 1 large extra sourdough French bread, sliced in half lengthwise
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups cubed monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- 14 ounces canned artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Hollow out both sides of the bread, leaving the crust intact with no holes.
- If you go too deep, simply patch the hole with a piece of the bread you pulled out.
- Break the bread into large chunks (approx. 2" pieces).
- In a large pan, saute garlic in the stick of butter.
- Add the bread pieces and fry until browned.
- (Almost like croutons) transfer to a large bowl and add the remainder of the ingredients except for Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
- Once mixed, spoon back into the bread crust boats and top with the Sharp Cheddar.
- Bake@ 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cheese appears golden and bubbly.