Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
For Mediterranean flavors, along with the health benefits of Mediterranean-style eating, prepare this fragrant and fiber-rich salad featuring canned cannellini beans and artichokes. Itâ€™s, dressed with a heart-healthy vinaigrette, made with olive oil, which is a great source of healthy oils.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can artichokes, in water, drained and quartered
- 3 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shaved (optional)
- Preparation Time: Approximately 10 minutes.
- Put beans, artichokes and mint in a medium bowl. In a small bowl combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic and pepper; pour over beans and artichokes. Toss gently. To serve, top with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Servings: 6.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 190; Total fat 8g; Saturate fat 1g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 430mg; Carbohydrate 24g; Fiber 7g; Protein 7g;; Vitamin A 4%DV*; Vitamin C 10%DV; Calcium 4%DV; Iron 10%DV
- * Daily Value.