Recipe by Leslie in Texas
This comes originally from the food section of the Houston Chronicle and it notes that this recipe was adapted from a Contadina recipe.I usually increase the amount of garlic and fresh basil.
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canwhole tomatoes with juice
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- cooked pasta, of your choice
- parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain artichoke marinade into a 2 quart casserole; quarter artichokes and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to marinade.
- Cover with a lid or plastic wrap and microwave on high 6 to 8 minutes, or until onions are tender.
- Drain juice from tomatoes into onion mixture.
- Coarsely chop tomatoes and add to onion mixture, along with tomato paste, artichoke hearts, and water.If using dried basil add it now too.
- Cover and microwave on high 8 minutes, or until bubbly hot.
- Stir in fresh basil if you're using it and serve over any variety of cooked pasta.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.