Recipe by Tierney's Mom
I created this recipe because I tasted an artichoke and bacon pasta salad I liked and thought that the same concept would be good as a potato salad. This can be made more healthy by using fat-free mayo and turkey bacon.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
I think it was the garlic that I didn't care for in this recipe. It overwhelmed all the taste of the other ingredients. The combination of other ingredients was fine; I might try it again but leave out the garlic.
- 8 cups potatoes, cubed
- 2 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup Italian salad dressing (fat free ok)
- 1 small onion, chopped (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 lb bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender.
- Drain and cool potatoes.
- Cook bacon in oven (on raised rack over baking pan).
- Cool and crumble bacon.
- In large bowl, combine mayonnaise, garlic, and onion. Mix well.
- Stir in artichoke hearts, cheese, and salad dressing.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- In large serving bowl, combine potatoes and bacon.
- Gently stir in dressing until well mixed.
- Cover and chill thoroughly before serving.
- Cook time is cooling time.