Recipe by SaddleUp87
I made up this recipe the other night for my roommate and I when we were low on ingredients (and energy...) and it ended up being really good without being high in fat or calories.
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
This recipe was really easy and I particularly loved how the onions (mine were chopped, simply because I was making potato salad at the same time and chopped them all by accident.) melded with the BBQ sauce to make a nice topping for the chicken. I used Jack Daniel's BBQ, as that's what I had open, but SBR's is usually on hand. The chili powder was a great addition and I'll probably use even more next time. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the cheese. I just don't think it added anything to the dish, as it was completely overshadowed by the flavor of the sauce. Only half my family can eat cheese anyway, so I'll just skip it next time. :) Thanks for sharing, SaddleUp! Made & enjoyed for Pick-A-Chef Spring 2011. You've been adopted! :) http://www.food.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=352458&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
- 2 chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce (I like sweet Baby Ray's)
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash fresh black pepper
- 1 dash chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 375.
- scatter sliced onion pieces in a casserole dish.
- place chicken breasts on top of onions.
- season chicken with garlic powder, pepper, and chili powder.
- pour bbq sauce over chicken.
- bake for 30 minutes.
- top with cheddar cheese.
- return to oven for 3-5 mins, or until cheese is melted.