Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Black beans and rice cooked together with spices are one of the best side dishes to accompany any meal! I found this recipe while browsing the internet and it is so good!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 2 -3 cups of already cooked white rice
- 1⁄3 cup sofrito sauce, casero (blend onion, bell pepper, garlic and cilantro until puree)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cup beer or 1 cup broth
- 0.5 (8 ounce) cangoya tomato sauce
- In a pot, add olive oil and sauté garlic and sofrito for a minute. Add salt, pepper, cumin and oregano to sofrito and mix. Add beans and mix well. Add tomato sauce and beer or broth and mix.
- After 5 minutes, add apple cider vinegar and stir. Add 2-3 cups of already cooked white rice (at room temperature) and mix well. Cook until all is absorbed (about 10-15 minutes).
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes before serving.