Prep 1 hr
Cook 25 mins
Black beans and rice cooked together with spices are one of the best side dishes to accompany any meal! I found this recipe while browsing the internet and it is so good!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 2 -3 cups of already cooked white rice
- 1⁄3 cup sofrito sauce, casero (blend onion, bell pepper, garlic and cilantro until puree)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cup beer or 1 cup broth
- 0.5 (8 ounce) cangoya tomato sauce
- In a pot, add olive oil and sauté garlic and sofrito for a minute. Add salt, pepper, cumin and oregano to sofrito and mix. Add beans and mix well. Add tomato sauce and beer or broth and mix.
- After 5 minutes, add apple cider vinegar and stir. Add 2-3 cups of already cooked white rice (at room temperature) and mix well. Cook until all is absorbed (about 10-15 minutes).
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes before serving.
good recipe, too much tomato sauce. I will make this again but eliminate the tomato sauce completely. Also the recipe does not indicate how much apple cider vinegar to use, so I used a tablespoon.
Tasty & relatively quick to pull together. Decided to make it with broth - felt like that way the sofrito flavors were nice and bright. Found the original recipe online - you should only use a drizzle of the apple cider vinegar.
Fantastic recipe, the person that said the beer overpowered the dish was right, so I cut it back to 1/2 cup, still a bit much, next time i will go 1/4 cup. Over all great dish. Thanks for posting it.