1/2 Photos of Arroz De Coco E Papaia (Angola)
This recipe is from week nine of my food blog, "Travel by Stove." I am attempting to cook one meal from every country on Earth, and Angola is my ninth stop. This is an Angolan side dish made from rice, coconut milk and papayas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thin the coconut milk with the water.
- 2Add the rice, salt and cinnamon.
- 3Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice is done.
- 4Fluff the rice with a fork and let stand covered for 10 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, cut and seed the papaya, then finely dice it. Mash half of the dice and keep the other half as-is.
- 6Put both the mashed papaya and the diced papaya into the rice and mix, warming over the stove.
Nutritional Facts for Arroz De Coco E Papaia (Angola)
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 788.6
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 23.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 360.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 138.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 91.5 g
- Protein 5.8 g