Recipe by mama smurf
This recipe comes from the Costa Rican Typical Foods cookbook We had this at one of the places we stayed at and this is as close to their recipe as I can find.
- 3 cups white rice, cooked
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can hearts of palm, drained and diced (palmito)
- 2 cups bechamel sauce
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine palmito and bechamel sauce. In a large deep pyrex dish, put a layer of 1/3 rice, then a layer of 1/3 bechamel sauce, then a layer of 1/3 tomato sauce and top with 1/3 cheese. Repeat layers three times. Garnish with parmesan and bread crumbs.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.