1/2 Photos of Arroz Con Gandules
After so much trial and error I gave up trying to make this recipe just like Gma's. This is the one I use. I try to keep it as "low-fat" possible by not adding bacon or sausage like other recipes call for.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot, saute oil, paste and sofrito.
- 2Add water, oregano,cilantro, sazon and salt.
- 3After washing rice (if desired), add rice.
- 4After bringing to a boil (on medium-high heat). Cover and cook on low heat until ready.
- 5Garnish with roasted red bell peppers if desired.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arroz Con Gandules
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.7
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 26.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 13.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: