Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
After so much trial and error I gave up trying to make this recipe just like Gma's. This is the one I use. I try to keep it as "low-fat" possible by not adding bacon or sausage like other recipes call for.
- In a large pot, saute oil, paste and sofrito.
- Add water, oregano,cilantro, sazon and salt.
- After washing rice (if desired), add rice.
- After bringing to a boil (on medium-high heat). Cover and cook on low heat until ready.
- Garnish with roasted red bell peppers if desired.
Great dish! I worked with a gal that used to make a mean dish of Arroz Con Gandules. That reminds me...I love retirement. I threw in a handful of green olives.