Recipe by l0ve2c00k
After so much trial and error I gave up trying to make this recipe just like Gma's. This is the one I use. I try to keep it as "low-fat" possible by not adding bacon or sausage like other recipes call for.
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons sofrito sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) cangreen pigeon peas, undrained
- sazon goya con culantro y achiote (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, saute oil, paste and sofrito.
- Add water, oregano,cilantro, sazon and salt.
- After washing rice (if desired), add rice.
- After bringing to a boil (on medium-high heat). Cover and cook on low heat until ready.
- Garnish with roasted red bell peppers if desired.