Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep2 hrs 15 mins
This is a steak we buy at the local Mexican store and season it with beer and sazon and grill it along with the tortillas. Serve with beans, rice, and tortillas. Use your favorite beef to make these; we use Corona. Serve on warm tortillas with rice beans, and salsa verde!
- 2 lbs skirt steaks, pounded flat
- 10 (1/4 ounce) packetssazon seasoning with coriander and achiote, such as Goya
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 0.5 (12 fluid ounce) bottle Mexican beer (such as Corona)
- Sprinkle each piece of skirt steak with the sazon and white pepper. Stack the seasoned steaks in a deep dish as you season them. Pour the beer over the steaks. Cover the dish and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate. Remove the steaks from the dish and discard the marinade.
- Cook the skirt steaks on the prepared grill until they are very firm, hot, and gray in the center, 7 to 10 minutes per side.