Recipe by Southern Lady
Found this on a global site. Armenia borders Turkey and Georgia in Eastern Europe, and was the smallest Soviet Republic when in power.
Top Review by Chef-Boy-I-Be Illinois
This was good, but not what I had expected with the combination of spices which did not seem to come through in the finished dish. The feta cheese is what made this flavorful for us. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes
- 2 ounces tomato paste
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas or 8 (8 inch) pita breads, warmed
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over med-high heat; cook onion and garlic, stirring often, for 3 minutes.
- Add paprika, allspice, salt and pepper; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add beef; cook, breaking up meat, for 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain off any fat.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste, breaking up tomatoes with a fork; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add green pepper and parsley; cook, stirring often, for 10 to 15 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Divide beef mixture among tortillas; fold tortillas in half to form pockets.
- Sprinkle beef filling with cucumber, and feta cheese.