Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These biscuits are light and fluffy, hold butter well, and are a great hit with other southern dishes
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons shortening (Crisco)
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 packages dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- Combine milk and shortening, heat to lukewarm.
- Add sugar, yeast, and salt.
- Add enough flour to mixture to thicken and beat.
- Add more flour and knead dough.
- Work and cut into biscuits.
- Biscuits can set until dinner is ready.
- Bake at 423 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.