Recipe by Mercy
This recipe was given to me by my cousin's wife. She always has to double the recipe as they are raising six beautiful daughters together. The doubled recipe fits a 9"x13" pan.
Top Review by Khandi Howard
This was very, very good. I did make one substitution though, I think. The recipe called for 1 CAN of instant pudding and pie filling. I didn't have my list when I went to the store and I just remembered instant pudding and pie filling. Anyway, I bought Jello instant pudding and pie filling. When I got home I made it with one cup milk, let sit until soft set (about 5 minutes) and then proceeded with the rest of the recipe. It reminded me of a lemon icebox pie. Both my husband and I enjoyed this a lot and I will be sure to make again. BTW I also doubled the recipe and was glad that I did.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (21 ounce) can lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir the melted butter into the graham cracker crumbs.
- Pat the crumb mixture into the bottom of buttered 8"x8" square inch pan, reserving one tablespoon for garnish.
- In medium bowl, combine the pie filling, sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice and mix until smooth.
- Spread into the prepared pan and top with Cool Whip and reserved crumbs.
- Freeze for 3 hours prior to serving.