Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe was given to me by my cousin's wife. She always has to double the recipe as they are raising six beautiful daughters together. The doubled recipe fits a 9"x13" pan.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (21 ounce) can lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups Cool Whip
- Stir the melted butter into the graham cracker crumbs.
- Pat the crumb mixture into the bottom of buttered 8"x8" square inch pan, reserving one tablespoon for garnish.
- In medium bowl, combine the pie filling, sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice and mix until smooth.
- Spread into the prepared pan and top with Cool Whip and reserved crumbs.
- Freeze for 3 hours prior to serving.
This was very, very good. I did make one substitution though, I think. The recipe called for 1 CAN of instant pudding and pie filling. I didn't have my list when I went to the store and I just remembered instant pudding and pie filling. Anyway, I bought Jello instant pudding and pie filling. When I got home I made it with one cup milk, let sit until soft set (about 5 minutes) and then proceeded with the rest of the recipe. It reminded me of a lemon icebox pie. Both my husband and I enjoyed this a lot and I will be sure to make again. BTW I also doubled the recipe and was glad that I did.
My husband thought this was out of this world! My daughter and I liked it too. I did find the canned filling. This was easy to make, although I did use a little more than a cup of grahm cracker crumbs. Thanks for a nice summertime dessert!