Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Choose a honey with a pronounced flavor, such as honey from a particular flower.
Make and share this Apricots With Honey and Rosemary - France recipe from Food.com.
- Cut the apricots in two and take out the seeds.
- Wash and dry the rosemary, and pull off the rosemary needles.
- Melt the butter in a pan, put the apricot halves in, and cook at a high heat about 1 minute on each side.
- Lower the heat, add the honey and the rosemary needles, cover and let cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Stir with a wooden spoon to avoid any scorching.
- Share out the cooked apricots in 6 small dishes, and drizzle the warm honey-rosemary sauce over each one.
- Serve warm.
Oh my - this simple dessert was positively ambrosial. My father-in-law had sent me a box of apricots from our trees at the village, so I knew we would have good flavour from those. I used Greek Hymettus honey which is famous for its pungent, aromatic flavour (thyme flowers) and rosemary from my container garden. This was absolutely superb and a minimum of effort. I served it hot with a dollop of creamy-cool, rich and thick Greek yoghurt on the side and it really was excellent. I'll be making this for as long as I have good apricots at the ready! Thank you so much for this recipe.