Recipe by frogmum
I found this recipe on the back of a can of SPC Apricots. My whole family loves it. Great for morning or afternoon tea. The kids love this in their lunch boxes or eating it warm. Healthy and nice.
Top Review by dizzydi
This was a really quick recipe to make, Everything in the one bowl, not much mess and into the oven! A nice simple wintery dessert, would be nice with a dollop of cream on top next time. Thanks frogmum! :)
- 1 1⁄2 cups wholemeal self-rising flour
- 415 g apricot halves (SPC Baker's Apricots)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 (55 g) eggs, beaten
- 125 g butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats (Extra)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius.
- Mix first 7 ingredients together in a large bowl until combined.
- Spoon into a teflon coated or lightly greased 20cm x 5 cm deep cake pan.
- Sprinkle over extra oats or sunflower seeds.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove, stand for 10 minutes, turn onto a wire rack and cool.
- VARIATION:Omit oats and mix 2 tablespoons natural yoghurt with 1 cup sifted icing sugar and spread over cake when cool.