Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe on the back of a can of SPC Apricots. My whole family loves it. Great for morning or afternoon tea. The kids love this in their lunch boxes or eating it warm. Healthy and nice.
- 1 1⁄2 cups wholemeal self-rising flour
- 415 g apricot halves (SPC Baker's Apricots)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 (55 g) eggs, beaten
- 125 g butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats (Extra)
- Preheat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius.
- Mix first 7 ingredients together in a large bowl until combined.
- Spoon into a teflon coated or lightly greased 20cm x 5 cm deep cake pan.
- Sprinkle over extra oats or sunflower seeds.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove, stand for 10 minutes, turn onto a wire rack and cool.
- VARIATION:Omit oats and mix 2 tablespoons natural yoghurt with 1 cup sifted icing sugar and spread over cake when cool.
This was a really quick recipe to make, Everything in the one bowl, not much mess and into the oven! A nice simple wintery dessert, would be nice with a dollop of cream on top next time. Thanks frogmum! :)