Recipe by K & c
A refreshing drink inspired from our friends down South. With a pitcher of this on a hot day, you just can't go wrong.
Top Review by ChefDLH
Thanks K & c for this posting. This iced tea is light and refreshing. It was somewhat sweet but not real sweet. You could add more sugar to make it really sweet if you want. I liked it as is. My guests drank it down and then began eating the tea soaked peaches. The infused peach flavor from the fresh fruit and the apricot from the nectar made a great drink. I will make again in the heat of the summer. Made for Bargain Basement Tag May 2010. Enjoy! ChefDLH
- 7 cups cool water
- 2 (5 1/2 ounce) cans apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 3 tea bags, cold brew, pitcher-sized
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen sliced peaches or 1 lb fresh peach, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pitcher, stir together cool water, apricot nectar and superfine sugar.
- Add tea bags; let steep 5 to 7 minutes, dunking bags occasionally.
- Once tea is desired strength, add frozen or fresh peaches.
- Pour over ice and serve.
- ***For Raspberry Iced Tea: Switch to berries: replace apricot nectar with 1 1/2 cups cranberry-raspberry drink.
- In blender, puree 1/2 pint fresh raspberries; strain out seeds.
- Add to cold water with superfine sugar.
- Replace peaches with 1 pint fresh raspberries.