Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe, slightly tweaked, came from Taste of Home Summer Slow Cooker Meals, Jul 08.
Top Review by ShaGun
Delicious & company-worthy! I made these when we had guests over today. They tasted wonderful and looked beautiful. I'm definitely adding this to my list of sides that I make for when we invite people over for a meal. I steamed 2 lb. of baby carrots. I mixed the glaze ingredients in a bowl and microwaved it for a minute and then poured that over the carrots. I had to make some substitutions because of what I had on hand, so I used peach jam in lieu of the dried apricots and used country-style orange juice concentrate instead of the orange juice and the orange zest.
- 8 medium carrots, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange zest, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, add 1 inch of water, then add carrots, & bring to boil.
- Cover, reduce heat & simmer 9-11 minutes or until crisp-tender, then drain & set aside.
- In the same saucepan, combine remaining ingredients, & cook, stirring constantly until lightly thickened.
- Return carrots to saucepan & stir until glazed & heated through.