- 1 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak apricots for 20 minutes.
- Cream together 1 cup sugar, Shortening and egg.
- Stir in 1/4 cup sugar and orange juice.
- Add dry ingredients, blend well.
- Drain apricots, fold in apricots and nuts.
- Bake in greased and floured loaf pan at 350 for 65 minutes or until done.