Recipe by Nodakian
This is a simple glaze for roasted turkey that makes a wonderful sweet rich gravy from the drippings.
Top Review by Janis F.
I was thrilled to find this recipe again. I had the recipe over 25 years ago, but I misplaced it during my numerous moves. This recipe was a hit for that Thanksgiving feast, and it was just as fabulous with yesterday's Thanksgiving meal. Thank you for having the recipe available for me. Now that's it has been saved into my recipe box here, I will no longer fear loosing it again.
Directions See How It's Made
- I prefer to brine my turkey before roasting so just about any brine recipe will do. There are several very good ones posted on Recipezaar.
- After brining rinse turkey and pat dry with paper towels. Rub turkey with softened butter and sprinkle inside and out with salt and pepper. Place in roasting pan with a cup of water (or broth) in the bottom of the pan.
- In a bowl combine preserves and Kahlua mixing well.
- Spread half of the mixture over the turkey and place in 350 degree oven.
- About half way through the roasting spread the other half over bird. Basting often with juices.
- Continue roasting until bird is cooked through and golden brown. If the breast is getting too brown tent with foil.