In memory of my beloved mother-in-law, Lisa. These bars freeze well and are one of Oma's many recipes that became favourites of ours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, can substitute self-rising flour omit the baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups coconut, medium unsweetened
- 1 cup apricot jam, don't use calorie reduced as it is too watery use real jam
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Cream together butter and sugar.
- 3Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- 4Sift in the flour and baking powder.
- 5Stir in the coconut.
- 6Pat 3/4 of the dough onto the bottom and up the sides of a sprayed 9 x 11 shiny pan.
- 7Spread with jam - the amount is up to you whether you wish to use less than a cup or more.
- 8Sprinkle (or grate) the remaining dough over top.
- 9Bake for 35 minutes - until golden brown - depending on your oven.
- 10Remove from oven - use a pizza cutter to cut into squares, bars or diamonds and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Jam Coconut Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.0
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 24.0 mg
- Sodium 66.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 1.8 g