Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Source: California Fresh Apricot Council. You can use skimmed evaporated milk and low-fat yougurt if you wish. Churning time not included. I believe you could use fresh peaches for this with peach nectar. Or even some of the tropical fruits.
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope plain gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 (3/4 lb) fresh apricots, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups apricot nectar
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine milk and gelatin in large saucepan.
- Heat, stirring often, until gelatin dissolves.
- Add sugar; heat until it dissolves.
- Using a wire whisk, stir in apricots, nectar, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker; freeze according to manufacturer's directions.